Journalist & Graphic Designer
Des Moines, IA
I am a creative professional skilled in headline writing, copy editing, video editing, illustration and publication and graphic design.
Team Leader/Senior Graphic Designer
• Art direct, design and copy edit digital and print media.
• Develop social media campaigns, creating information graphics, videos and advertisements. Write copy that sells the project.
• Direct a team of 12 designers and copy editors that produces daily and monthly publications, including the Des Moines Register.
• Cultivate relationships with the team and its clients to produce compelling products in eight markets.
Indiana State University
• Freelanced for the publications department. Conceptualized, edited and designed the university’s 150th anniversary magazine.
• Formulated and incorporated plans for a design studio, which now serves the company’s 12 weekly publications.
• Instituted a design standards style guide. Developed templates, stylesheets and shape libraries in InDesign.
• Launched a redesign of the company’s primary publications.
17 South Design & Print/Great South Publications
• Designed client-driven products such as menus, business cards and brochures.
• Served as editor and lead designer for Southridge/Berwick Community Magazine.
Page Designer and Editor
Savannah Morning News
• Designed graphics, news, business, sports and special sections.
• Art directed several special section covers.
Designer, Editor, Reporter
Columbia Missourian & VOX Magazine
• Instructed and managed copy editors and designers in AP style and grammar.
• Designed 1A, news, features, special sections and advertisements.
• Wrote and edited articles and videos.
Bachelor of Journalism
University of Missouri
I earned a cum laude Bachelor of Journalism with an emphasis in magazine design. I also earned a minor in Spanish.
|2018||Information graphic , Missouri Press Association|
|2017||Information graphic , Associated Press Media Editors|
|2015||Use of computer graphics , Nebraska Press Association|
|2015||Alternative story format , Best of Gannett Awards|
|2014||Alternative story format , Gannett Quarterly Awards|
|2011||Photo illustration , Georgia Press Association|
Adobe Creative Suite, graphic design, HTML, CCI NewsGate, management, art direction, project management, telecommunication, Microsoft Office, video editing, social media marketing, client services