Journalist & Graphic Designer Des Moines, IA
I am a creative professional skilled in headline writing, copy editing, video editing, illustration and publication and graphic design.Download Resume
Team Leader/Senior Graphic Designer
November 2011 – Present • Des Moines, IA
• Art direct, design and copy edit digital and print media.
• Develop social media campaigns, creating information graphics, videos and advertisements. Write copy that sells the project.
• Direct a team of 12 designers and copy editors that produces daily and monthly publications, including the Des Moines Register.
• Cultivate relationships with the team and its clients
to produce compelling products in eight markets.
Indiana State University
June 2016 – February 2017
• Freelanced for the publications department. Conceptualized,
edited and designed the university’s 150th anniversary magazine.
October 2014 – December 2014 • Blair, NE
• Formulated and incorporated plans for a design studio, which now serves the company’s 12 weekly publications.
• Instituted a design standards style guide. Developed templates, stylesheets and shape libraries in InDesign.
• Launched a redesign of the company’s primary publications.
17 South Design & Print/Great South Publications
October 2010 – October 2011 • Savannah, GA
• Designed client-driven products such as menus, business
cards and brochures.
• Served as editor and lead designer for Southridge/Berwick
Page Designer and Editor
Savannah Morning News
June 2010 – October 2011 • Savannah, GA
• Designed graphics, news, business, sports and special sections.
• Art directed several special section covers.
Designer, Editor, Reporter
Columbia Missourian & VOX Magazine
January 2008 – May 2010 • Columbia, MO
• Instructed and managed copy editors and designers in AP style and grammar.
• Designed 1A, news, features, special sections and advertisements.
• Wrote and edited articles and videos.
University of Missouri
Bachelor of Journalism
– • Columbia, MO
I earned a cum laude Bachelor of Journalism with an emphasis in magazine design. I also earned a minor in Spanish.
Information graphic, Missouri Press Association
Information graphic, Associated Press Media Editors
Use of computer graphics, Nebraska Press Association
Alternative story format, Best of Gannett Awards
Alternative story format, Gannett Quarterly Awards
Photo illustration, Georgia Press Association
Adobe Creative Suite graphic design HTML CCI NewsGate management art direction project management telecommunication Microsoft Office video editing social media marketing client services